Now that I'm a Woman, Everything is Strange - Thomas Beard Response

When reading this article by Thomas Beard, I have to agree with most of my classmates.... how weird is this? But honestly, I think what most people find "amusing " or "artistic" is just weird to me so that could be part of it.

After researching Whispering Pines, and watching pieces of different episodes, it became clear to me that "strange" might just be what they are going for. It was interesting for me to watch Shana Moulton's character spend so much of her time, money, and personality into creating a "perfect" world, yet no matter what occurred it was never good enough.

I think that is an interesting concept to grasp because I feel like in today's society that happens with so many different people and those people hide it pretty well.

Another interesting part of an episode was her "morning ritual." It was actually humorous to watch because her alter ego, Cynthia, was portrayed as a bored, hypochondriac housewife who was just trying to do a morning workout routine. It made me chuckle because I feel like most people that try to workout at home and don't know what they are doing look like that..... and that includes me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marks Response

Response to Beard - Jack Davis

Response To Thomas Beard