Response to Now That I'm A Woman, Everything Is Strange by Thomas Beard - Belle Campbell

     This was my first time hearing of Shana Moulton's work. After reading the video description in the first paragraph it seemed like something I would really need to see, so I looked it up on youtube. I watched Whispering Pines 3, which was seven bizarre minutes long and also, curiously enough, marked as a children's video by Youtube's algorithm.

     The thing I found most interesting that was mentioned in the reading was the part of Moulton's projection that "featured a seemingly endless array of logos [...] related to the rubric of "women's health." This work in combination with the video series draws attention to the caricature of a woman that different eras have birthed and how ridiculous they are. It reminded me of an essay I read on why commercials and branding for menstrual products are transphobic and also so so strange. It was like an ad for women's deodorant or razors but longer and only slightly more strange.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marks Response

Response to Beard - Jack Davis

Response To Thomas Beard