Marks Response

I'm in an Arts Management and Entrepreneurship class about cultural policy right now, so I found this to be and interesting
exploration of how Policy affects the creation of art. I always subconsciously figured that no matter what, people would
continuously create art, which I still believe. I just never considered the ways in which policies about art would influence
it's creation. Like in the same way that political changes would influence the tone of art, policy changes involving the
commissioning and support of art and artistic spaces would affect they types of art produced. I've had a few conversations
about how much art related to racial identity is borne of desire to create the type of art and how much is a result of a belief
that that's the type of art that sells most reliably for artists of color. It makes me wonder if there are policies that I don't
know about that have impacted the amount of a particular type of art being produced, like museums or galleries having a
particular penchant for digital art because it seems "futuristic."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Response to Beard - Jack Davis

Response To Thomas Beard